Saturday, September 26, 2015

Aquaponics at Compass School

Big news! I'm rehoming my T Barrel Aquaponics system this fall as I'm leaving Vermont this winter.
Eric Rhomberg at Compass School in Bellows Falls will set it up in his science classroom.
Eric teaching Science
Since Brattleponics has had an educational bent since its start in January 2013, I'm excited that the system is going to a local school where the students can keep it alive while they learn and experiment with Aquaponics.

Eric plans to incorporate Aquaponics into his Ecology classes. He'll give students the opportunity to explore Aquaponics in their own studies as well, as Compass has an independent studies component in its curriculum. A team of students will share in taking care of the fish and plants. It sounds like a win-win to me.

To my knowledge, no other high school in Windham County is incorporating Aquaponics into the curriculum, so kudos to Eric's pioneering spirit.

Stay tuned!

No comments: